Clemson Downs Rebranding
As the only retirement community in Clemson, SC, Clemson Downs offers a "continuum of care" for its residents, to include Independent Living, Assisted Living, Skilled Nursing and Memory Care.
Clemson Downs wanted to refresh its brand identity in conjunction with the opening of the Upstate's only "purpose-built" Memory Care Center and Skilled Nursing Unit that offers private rooms. Core program areas included developing the brand platform and logo, modernizing the website and sales collateral, and determining key message points that define the Clemson Downs brand, through a designated media relations campaign with a particular emphasis on the special relationship between Clemson Downs and Clemson University.
- To educate the Clemson community at large about the health and wellness programs at Clemson Downs and the vitality of its residents.
- To establish the Clemson Downs brand as an innovator in retirement living in upstate South Carolina.
- To reach members of the Clemson University family with the refreshed image of Clemson Downs that reflects its expanded core living areas and programs.
- To increase occupancy of key living areas on campus in alignment with business imperatives.
- To gain earned media coverage based on Clemson Down's position as the largest employer in Clemson.
- Created comprehensive new brand platform to emphasize the community's commitment to excellence in living to reflect new service offerings and a facilities expansion.
- Redesigned Clemson Down's printed materials, website and office supplies in alignment with new messaging.
- Pitched regional media on the major expansion at Clemson Downs in order to secure high value media placements to raise community awareness.
- For the first time in the 35-year history of Clemson Downs, the facility has a waiting list for prospective residents.
- Clemson Downs has been able to expand services and programs for a new segment of the senior population.
- Unprecedented level of brand awareness among key audiences since the rebranding.