Verizon Wireless Making Social Media Strategic
Verizon Wireless operates the nation’s largest and most reliable 4G LTE and 3G networks serving more than 100 million retail customers. The company sells a variety of wireless devices, including smartphones, tablets, mobile hot spots and basic phones, as well as wireless accessories for everyday living.
Verizon Wireless asked JDPR to advance business imperatives by developing a social media presence geared toward journalists and bloggers. Verizon had an existing consumer-facing social media presence, so this online program focused on building strong media relationships to complement traditional outreach efforts.
- To develop a strong, online brand presence that utilizes relevant social media networks to engage media as well as stakeholders and spurs them to interact with the brand online.
- To formulate a social media strategy for the brand in our region.
- To monitor social media for industry trends.
- To improve and build relationships with key media in a three-state region.
- To contribute to brand goals by optimizing SEO with robust social media accounts.
- Started accounts for the brand on Facebook, Twitter and YouTube.
- Developed and posted pipeline-ready content.
- Shared multimedia assets in conjunction with product launches and other corporate announcements.
- Honed a “brand voice.”
- Created custom-designed video tutorials for the newest wireless devices, uploaded them to YouTube and shared links with traditional media and bloggers.
- Gained nearly 750 Twitter followers consisting of influential members of the media.
- Averaged more than 50 Twitter interactions monthly.
- Gained nearly 200 Facebook fans.